"Oh remember, remember . . . I urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness."

President Henry B. Eyring

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gold Fish

I woke up this morning at 6:30 thinking about giving our "alms" in secret, and the blessings that gives, when I was struck with the thought that our Lord is the greatest example of this as He is in all things! He quietly and anonymously gives us our daily breath, and so many millions of tender mercies that most of us never notice.

I thought that we are all like little ungrateful goldfish in a bowl, who complain about the terribly frightening and inconvenient changes of water each day. Yet, those very water changes give the gold fish a clean environment and fresh oxygen, without which they would soon die. The flakes of "manna" fish food that rain down on them daily is merely eaten as their due, without a glance upward of thanks or gratitude or understanding from whence they came!

I am filled with gratitude this morning for my Savior! I want to spend the day looking up --- and maybe I will see a tiny glimpse of his hand sprinkling down blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment