"Oh remember, remember . . . I urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness."

President Henry B. Eyring

Monday, February 11, 2008

Variety of our Bounty

I was at the store today buying fresh fruits and vegtables. As I put the beautiful oranges, apples and bananas into my cart I looked around at all the variety of wonderful foods we are priveledged to have. I felt a sudden surge of gratitude to our Heavenly Father for this amazing bounty! What a wonderful time in which we live.
I could not help but remember when I was a little child . . . and oh, how I loved fruit. I could NEVER have it except in the fall when I could pick it from a tree. My best friend and I would ride our bicycles to the banks of the canal in West Jordan, then climb the abandonded fruit trees that grew along it's banks, and make ourselves sick eating apricots and green apples! My bike was a very, very old one we found in my Grandmother's garage. My friend Pauline helped me paint it with flat grey wall paint, you know to improve it. We both thought it was just beautiful even though the rude boys in the neighborhood relentlessly teased me about it. Just know that I'm pretty sure I have large leg calfs to this day from riding that broken down thing.
I also felt a surge of gratitude for Ron. He works so hard and takes care of me so wonderfully well. I am a very blessed woman indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment