"Oh remember, remember . . . I urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness."

President Henry B. Eyring

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Perspective

I listened to a talk by Robert Millet "God and Human Tragedy" from the August 18, 2003 BYU Education Week. He told the story of a man who, though he had season tickets, had to miss a BYU game so his wife recorded it. He eventually was able to watch the recording of this exciting game, but by then he knew they had won the game. Though it was an exciting, nail biting, close game, he watched it calmly. When a team member would fumble the ball or make other potentially disastrous mistakes, he could calmly watch on because he already KNEW the outcome.

As we strengthen our faith we can KNOW the outcome of things too. We know that Jesus Christ WILL win! The world will be free of sin and depravity in a coming day! I want you to know that Heavenly Father has also born a personal witness to me periodically throughout my life when my world seemed a dark and forbidding place, that things in my small world would be okay too! I've lived long enough to know that things ALWAYS get better if we are doing all that we can to live according to our knowledge and testimony of our Savior and His restored gospel!

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful message. Thanks for sharing it! I really need to remember that when things get hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments still won't work... Happy Birthday Ron! Congrats on the engagement, they look great together. When is the big day?

    I still have Becky's engagement picture on my fridge. It's so fun seeing her with a beautiful little baby, oh my goodness he is precious and has so much hair.

    I am glad you have a big beautiful family with so many little grand children to enjoy! Love you Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie - I saw that talk several years ago (and Robert Millet is my FAVORITE), and it touched me deeply, I have wanted to have it in my library to share with others. Where did you see it, I would love to see it again, or get a transcript of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcia I found the talk at this website:

    http://www.byub.org/edweek/archive.asp?selectedYear=2003

    This is another great site to find talks:

    http://speeches.byu.edu/

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete