"Oh remember, remember . . . I urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness."

President Henry B. Eyring

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Christ as Our Forerunner

Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. Hebrews 6:20

This morning I read a post on Donna's blog "Connections" about Christ as our Forerunner. "A forerunner is an extremely picturesque and evidently ancient calling. He may now be seen to the best advantage in the large towns of Egypt. When rich people drive or ride abroad, a servant attends them, called, a sais, or groom, whose duty it is to run on foot at some distance in front of his master’s horse or carriage."

According to Donna this runner clears the way in the busy crowded streets, opens gates, announces and waits upon their master. As I contemplate the Savior of the Universe doing something like this for me, it takes my breath away! I seem at a loss for words to express myself. It truly is something amazing to contemplate and gives us an insight into how the Lord views us and our potential! I cannot help but think of the temple and what we learn about there.

I recommend going to Donna's site to read her entire post. For me it is an incredibly deeper insight into "Christ as our advocate with the Father!"

http://donna-connections.blogspot.com/2009/10/christ-as-foreunner.html

2 comments:

  1. What a great reminder! It makes it easier to let go of the little things that annoy us about people if we try to see them how He would see them--valuable, precious, and important with great potential. It's too easy to notice the 'natural man' side of people and forget how exquisite and special they are in the eyes of God even if I can't see it at the moment!

    ReplyDelete