"Oh remember, remember . . . I urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness."

President Henry B. Eyring

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Missionary Shoes


A Hampton Roads, Virginia newspaper asked a reporter to choose a "day in the life" and do a photo essay. He chose Mormon Missionaries. I loved this picture. It's what I want my spiritual shoes to look like, and it's a good reminder to me that every time I feel down, the minute I do a service for or lift another soul the sun comes out in my heart again! I've decided that it's not how many people have loved you in this life that counts—it's how many people YOU have loved! Lord, let me love like this missionary!

In the November 2000 Ensign Alexander B. Morrison said, "As you come to know 'that when ye are in the service of your fellow [men] ye are only in the service of your God' (Mosiah 2:17), you will seek to wear out your life in the service of the Master. He will wrap you about in the cloak of His redeeming love, and your life will be changed forever."

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/03/prayers-and-processions-mormon-missionaries

2 comments:

  1. Well put!! I love that picture also. And yes the sun does come out...you are so special Bonnie and so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture! My son-in-law, Kyle, has a picture from his mission where he's holding up his shoe and you see his eye looking through a big hole in the sole. It's awesome. What a great post too!

    ReplyDelete