"Oh remember, remember . . . I urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness."

President Henry B. Eyring

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Another Tender Mercy

My goodness, how much I get done by getting ready for the day EARLY! My back is sore but my heart is full! Each year we have tried to do at least one thing to improve our yard. This year I wanted to get the brick like edgers to finally do some nice edging around our grass and shrubs. Well, I can't complain because we did get a fence and I really am grateful for it. But, oh human nature, we long for that which we cannot have.
This recession is really getting to Ron's business. He is under so much stress. He works twice as hard for about half the money. It's hard to take a 50% cut in pay and we wonder where it will end, but oh, I'm so grateful we have an income and a deed to our home! As I was working in my flower garden I felt a little sad I couldn't have the nice manufactured edging as I pulled some weeds out of the makeshift rock edging I did in front of my porch. As I looked at the rock I realized I really do love the copper and granite and dark and blonde colors in it. In fact I intended to match those colors in edging. I got a sudden idea to gather more rock from my yard. Yes, we have the stoniest ground! I thought of the picturesque stones walls we saw in England and realized that people built them from the rocks they had to clear from their land to farm. They used what they had and it was charming. Well, I've spent the morning gathering rocks. Mostly little rocks. And, I've made an edging. The LORD provided the materials! As I worked I thought about how the rocks were like people, all sizes and shapes. Some plain, others colorful and beautiful. But together they make a fine edging. Most of them were living in obsurity, half buried, just waiting to be discovered and appreciated! At least I appreciate them!
May 5, 2009 (New Fence)
March 9, 2009 (Old Fence)

What a difference 2 months can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment