"Oh remember, remember . . . I urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness."

President Henry B. Eyring

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bullying

My sister Ann is a school teacher and she posted some really good advice for parents, so I'm posting it on my site too! Thanks Ann!

Ann said, "I know that some of you who read my blog have kids in school. I just wanted to share this list of things that might be an indicator of your child being bullied. Schools are working very hard to stop bullying, but about 50% of kids being bullied don't ever talk to an adult about it. As parents, you might notice something that a teacher with a full classload of kids doesn't pick up on.

• Having few friends at school
• Afraid to go to school
• Having unexplained bruises
• Afraid to ride the bus
• Refusing to go to school
• Sudden drop in grades
• No interest in activities
• Frequent headaches
• Trouble sleeping
• Loss of appetite
• Anxiety or depression

No comments:

Post a Comment