"Oh remember, remember . . . I urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness."

President Henry B. Eyring

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Hyacinth For Thy Soul


I have always loved this beautiful verse, written by MOSLIH EDDIN (MUSLIH-UN-DIN) SAADI (SADI), who was a major Persian poet of the medieval 13th century. I think this poem is so rich with wisdom! Today I just had to make this picture in photoshop as I think of my many, many, blessings!

In my book "Joy Outweighs The Sorrow" I stated, "The only REAL poverty in this world is spiritual." I believe that! And, I love what the Lord teaches us in Isaiah 55:1 "Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price." When I read this verse I realise that the Lord gives us the most important things in this life freely, and if we listen carefully, we can hear the Lord whisper, "Look up, see your "tender mercies" the Hyacinths I provided today---just for you!

I'm so grateful for so much beauty, so much good, and so many blessings all around me everyday that feeds my soul, when I remember to look for them!

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I too love that quote and wish to use it for the theme for a Women's Conference in our stake.
    I've borrowed your lovely image for now to use on my website that isn't yet public. I hope that's ok!

    ReplyDelete