"Oh remember, remember . . . I urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness."

President Henry B. Eyring

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Amazing Two Months-Talking to Susan

We have been so busy, and I am so tired at the end of the day that I simply couldn't write, but I have been feeling the urge, so I'm going to try to do better.

It has been an amazing two months. I'm starting to call my husband "Elder Holt" but even more amazing we are both now talking daily to Susan. We spend a lot of time with her. She is very polite and has a pleasant enough voice, but too often we simply get frustrated with her. So we unplug her,  and put her away in the glove compartment of our car, because she can't find another address on the country roads we travel! More often than not though, we have to apologize to her, take her out, and plug her back in to get us home, because we are hopelessly lost with NO MOUNTAINS for directions here in Texas. We tried out the other voices on our GPS but Richard and Bonnie were too annoying so we hope Susan sticks with us.

Seriously, we have put a lot of miles on our little red Toyota searching for lost sheep. Some days it is discouraging like last Thursday when we put 99.6 miles on the car and only talked with two people who did not invite us in and were not interested in coming back to church. But, we have had so many wonderful experiences it more than makes up for it! I have a new favorite scripture:

 D&C 84:88 "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

I testify that this scripture passage is literal! We have felt the spirit of the Lord so much in these last two months and it is so incredible! Every day, even on the days when it is discouraging, I feel our service is such an incredible honor and privilege! We have met some awesome people, most Texans are so kind and welcoming. I have a boatload of stories and I hope to find the energy to share them! Pray for us as we do for you. Love and miss you all!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I'm so glad you posted this. I've wanted more in depth stories then what can be posted on facebook, and hearing about "Susan" made my night! I'm so happy for you both!! And thankful you made it through those scary tornados. Keep blogging when you can. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GRAND adventure!! So excited for you...and praying for you both!! Love ya's!!

    ReplyDelete