"Oh remember, remember . . . I urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness."

President Henry B. Eyring

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Awesome Sabbath

Well, I am going to repent. I have had friends who want to know more about our mission, and I have been letting Elder Holt write all the letters home to our family. I can't catch up, but I decided to start with now---so . . .

August 4, 2013
 
Yesterday was a hard day. Saturdays usually are. People are always busy, and no one wants to make appointments with us, so we drop in on people that don't want to see us. But, the Sabbath is always wonderful and especially today! I taught Relief Society and showed a couple of the videos from the Missionary Conference "Hastening the Work of Salvation." There was a great spirit and I think many of the sisters are catching the vision. Then tonight one of the wonderful stalwarts of the church set up a teaching appointment with an 86 yr. old friend of his, a sweet, sweet born again Christian who loves The Lord. We showed her a couple of the new "Introduction to the Church" videos (on the LDS Gospel Library version 3.0 for iPad) which always bring the spirit in amazing ways. We shared our testimonies and left with an appointment for next Sunday. We will see, but oh she is sweet. She said the closing prayer and it was wonderful and powerful! Please pray for sweet Billie Dyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment